GCSE Maths - An Overview
GCSE Maths is not just a curriculum. It is almost like a live ecosystem in which the 14-year-olds have to immerse themselves and survive successfully. Typically, students and parents struggle in this process of trying to come to grips with the massive pressure that this examination puts on them.
In an effort to make this journey easy, we have in this section of our website www.wizert.com in depth articles which summarises the GCSE syllabus requirements, the GCSE Assessment requirements and the exam trends. Some of these articles also provide strategy and study tips, links to past papers, specimen papers and online resources as well.
- GCSE MATHS- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
- PREPARING FOR GCSE MATHS – STRATEGIES AND RESOURCES
- GCSE EXAM TRENDS - WHY ARE MATHS TUTORS IN DEMAND?
- 15 TOP TIPS TO ACE THE GCSEs
- GCSE VS IGCSE
1. GCSE MATHS- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
According to the Department of Education UK, GCSE specifications mathematics should enable students to:
1. develop fluent knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts
2. acquire, select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems
3. reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions and
4. comprehend, interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context.
If the above sounds overwhelming , well, we are here to help. Log on to www.wizert.com to find out the online support available for your child to achieve these assessment objectives.
2. PREPARING FOR GCSE MATHS – STRATEGIES AND RESOURCES
It is not enough to work hard for the GCSEs. Students have to work smart and have the right kind of strategy in place to be able to crack this examination. This article talks about how to plan revisions for GCSE Maths and what steps to take to ensure that one’s performance is beyond average.
3. GCSE EXAM TRENDS - WHY ARE MATHS TUTORS IN DEMAND?
Private tuition for GCSE Maths or any other GCSE subject is not a luxury anymore but a necessity, according to various media outlets that have been talking to bonafide GCSE tutors as well as parents. Is it really worth having a tutor for GCSE Maths? Read more about this issue in this article on www.wizert.com
4. 15 TOP TIPS TO ACE THE GCSEs
This article gives you some really useful and practical tips on how to ace the GCSE Maths papers. The tips are specific and will help to make you aware as student to look out for things that can either help you in the GCSE Maths exam or trip you up.
5. GCSE vs IGCSE
Recently the IGCSE has been in the centre of a controversy regarding its assessment protocols. Politicians, educationists, Ministers a- have all weighed in on this issue. To find out more read this article on www.wizert.com
If you want to learn about how you can help your support your child in in his GCSE Maths prep book a free trial session at www.wizert.com
Also find out more about the GCSE Maths tutors and online resources sign up on www.wizert.com